This morning I birded West Pasco County with my new friend David Gagne. We had a fantastic time. My biggest hope was to see a Seaside Sparrow, and we found at least one at Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park. We heard several Clapper Rails, a Virginia Rail and a Sora. We then went to the Gulf Harbors Golf course, which is now abandoned, we saw many ducks.
At least 600 Redheads were there and lots of Red-breasted Mergansers, including one adult male (the first adult male I’ve seen in Florida). We also saw my first Buffleheads of the year. We also found a Northern Shoveler, a Northern Pintail, a couple Ring-necked Ducks, some Lesser Scaup and one female Greater Scaup.
On the way home I saw the scene above. Pretty fun to see. So while it pays to keep your eyes on the road, it also can be nice to look up from time to time.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Finland’s 235 wolves be culled? [1638 Views]
- POLL: Should the Wildlife Trust’s campaign to slaughter grey squirrels be stopped? [1605 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [1578 Views]
- POLL: Should Trump disband USDA Wildlife “Killing” Services? [1165 Views]
- POLL: Should more bear hunting licenses be issued? [1150 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [1056 Views]
- POLL: Should Australia’s feral cats be culled? [819 Views]
- POLL: Could U.S. endangered species rules go extinct under Trump? [726 Views]
- POLL: Should the Woolly Mammoth be resurrected through genetic engineering? [724 Views]
- Why do birds sing? [634 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42055 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16796 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13849 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11117 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8612 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8309 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [8128 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8048 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7416 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6115 Views]