Ohhh. I guess I may have scared some people off with my last few rants about Malheur and grazing, huh?
Guess that’s what happens when you give a damn. “Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul” my friends.
Passion, it’s healthy. Truth and justice, I like it. (Below: the tiniest pika I’ve seen yet. So itty bitty!! Below: caching some tasty treats)
But anyway, it’s been way too long without a pika post. So go I give to you some of the cutest little nuggets out there.
Good lord these guys don’t even know. I’m gonna start crying just thinking about them.
SO CUTE. “See pikas in the wild” – put that on your bucket list, seriously.
They’ll turn your frown upside down. (Below: Jabba the Pika)
As adorable as they are though, they’re struggling. So really, you should go see them before even worse things happen: (they’re already gone from a third of their known habitat thanks to climate change).
They are one of the most susceptible species to a warming temperature and do not tolerate heat (over 78 degrees and they can die of exposure. Horrible!).
It’s really devastating that they are not doing well. We really need to get our act together because we are destroying every single thing that matters and it’s unacceptable.
We are a pretty disgusting species!
Jill Wussow is a seasonal field biologist, nature photographer and nomad. She has worked with several federally endangered bird species (including the Golden-cheeked Warbler, Black-capped Vireo and Piping Plover), sea turtles, and bats all over the United States. She is rarely in one place for more than a few months at a time and her whereabouts are often confusing. Field work has given her great opportunity to travel often and meshes with her passion for wildlife and nature photography perfectly. Through her photography, Jill hopes to convey her love and respect of the natural world.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Europe’s Wolves be Rewilded? – [1401 Views]
- 7 Common Food Items Not Good for Backyard Birds – [1273 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [1117 Views]
- Coast Guard Rescues Sea Turtle Entangled Amid Bales of Cocaine – [999 Views]
- How Do Squirrels Deal With Cold? They May Not Feel It Like Us – [990 Views]
- Nepal’s Last Dancing Bears Have Been Rescued – [960 Views]
- Poachers Shoot Down Sea Shepherd Drone in the Gulf of Mexico – [929 Views]
- Beak fitness: New Zealand develops roadside gym for endangered keas – [911 Views]
- POLL: Should the trafficking of Hippo Teeth be banned? – [841 Views]
- Florida Is ‘Raining Iguanas.’ Will The Invasive Reptiles Adapt? – [781 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7803 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4516 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4097 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [4032 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3395 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3100 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]